Re: [TenTec] OMNI 6 - Interesting problem Encountered during FD

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI 6 - Interesting problem Encountered during FD
From: Glenn <wa4aos@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 19:14:19 -0400 (EDT)
 Good story Don... Sorry you had to deal with that during FD... Hi Hi

I started out using my Omni 7 during FD this year but swapped back over to my
Omni 6+ with the INRAD filters and Roofing mod.
THe Omni 7 is a great radio and I really enjoy it but for CW contesting, the
Omni 6 with the INRAD stuff is hard to top.

Personally, the DSP derived IF/AF path leaves something to be desired, at least
to me, when it comes to trying to separate CW signals during a contest mode.
With the more analog path from the O6,  I seem to be able to differentiate
signals a little better, especially when trying to listen to the pitch of one
signal against 2 or 3 others in the same pass band.

Have others noticed the same??

73,
Glenn WA4AOS
DSM Labs