Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI Panadapter?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI Panadapter?
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 17:24:10 -0400
Gee... Glen.     I have been using a TT RX-320D as a sort of second
receiver it under the "dual receiver" setting in the N4pY software, and
just allow it to continuously run the band scope window feature and if I
see a blip I want to monitor or make contact with, I simply double-click
on the band scope window, and my transceiver tunes to that spot.  The
display is not as detailed or as high-resolution as the panadapters are,
  but this is about as close to one that you could get on the cheap.

I'm not sure it will work that way with the Omni VI, but it doesn't my
Omni VII.     In that way, the RX-320D continuously monitors a segment
of the band, and I can use it to tune my transceiver any time.  I get
all giddy, warm and runny over that and think it's about as good as life
can get.

Happy Trails.

On 7/7/2011 10:09, Glenn wrote:

>   One thing I am considering is purchasing a Flex 1500

make a decent spectrum analyzer.