Re: [TenTec] DDS Dilemma

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] DDS Dilemma
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 06:32:56 -0400
On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 9:18 PM, Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net> wrote:
> Considering how relatively rare the remote VFOs for the Corsair & Corsair II
> are, Steve's post makes one wonder if it would be cost effective for a third
> party to make a "new" RVFO using the N4YG board as it's heart.

I've been dreaming about such a product since I heard of the N4YG offering:

1. DDS mounted in small sleek enclosure with sloping front and encoder
knob, such that it would also function as "remote" tuning knob -
alternative would be connector to support small detachable remote
encoder knob.
2. Optional digital readout
3. Support for 263 functions (A/B etc)
4. Integrated RS-232 port that would provide basic freq (get/set) and
mode (get) info to a computer logging program, emulating a subset of
existing radio's command set via PIC
5. compatibility with Triton/Omni/Corsair lines

73, Barry N1EU