Re: [TenTec] Paragon Problem - buzzing relays and no power out on 10M an

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon Problem - buzzing relays and no power out on 10M and 12M
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 09:53:35 -1000
Use the schematics in the owners manual to understand the routing of the
drive to the relay coils going from microprocessors, diode matrices,
driver transistors or ICs, connectors and cables. Identify all of those
things and check them carefully. Check for cracked or cold solder joints
that could make actuation of the relays intermittent. Re-flow solder
wherever a fault is seen. Unplug every connector used in this system
(one at a time) and treat them with DeoxIT before plugging them back in.
Check for connector contacts improperly seated in the connector bodies,
and seat them properly.

Do not continue to transmit with this rig until you have fixed the
problem, lest you need to replace relays with pitted contacts.

DE N6KB