Re: [TenTec] 536 Delta II; Lights out.

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 536 Delta II; Lights out.
From: "Kris Merschrod" <Kris@merschrod.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 06:55:08 -0400
Bill, There is a fellow in England who manufactures a replacement.  I'll dig
for it,  but I know I have it thanks to Bob (MM0RKT).  Bob had one after he
sold his Delta II and sent it to me - works like a charm - better than the
original.

KM2KM Kris

Bob's instructions for replacing it are:

I've recently done it on an Argonaut II. Here's my instructions:

1) Remove the top and bottom covers of the rig

2) Remove the 4 screws holding the front panel (2 each side)

3) You don't need to remove any of the knobs on the front panel

4) Fold front panel down

5) At this point take appropriate precautions to avoid static build-up

6) Disconnect the 3 connectors from the LCD Display panel (marked 1, G &
H). Remember their locations, especially G&H.

7) Unscrew the 4 retaining screws (one at each corner) and lift out the
panel

8) Cut the two connectors to the EL panel on the PCB adjacent to connector 1

9) Carefully withdraw the panel from behind the LCD. It slides out in
the direction of the two connectors

10) Slide in the new panel, making sure that the electroluminescent (EL)
side is next to the LCD and that the two connectors are facing outwards

11) Cut short the wires on the EL panel and solder to the two connectors
on the PCB. It doesn't matter which way you connect them.

12) Check that the panel lights by replacing the connector on No 1 and
switching on the rig

13) Screw the LCD Display panel back into position

14) Re-attach connectors 1, G & H.

15) Fold the front panel back up and secure in place with the 4 screws

16) Replace the top and bottom covers.

73
Bob MM0RKT
Merschrod