[TenTec] OT: Fires in East Texas

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OT: Fires in East Texas
From: "Jerry Haigwood" <jerry@w5jh.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 21:42:45 -0500
Folks,

    I live in the woods of East Texas near the very small town of Diana.  I
have 1 and ½ acres with 50+ oak trees on it.  You may have heard about the
wild fires we have been having.  On Sunday, the wife and I had to leave
Church a bit early because a fire had sprung up about 1 mile North of our
house.  Within an hour of getting home, the State Police came by our place
and told my wife and I we had to leave.  So, we grabbed medicine (I am a
diabetic and wear an insulin pump), a few clothes and left.  The fire came
within ¼ mile of our house before it turned to the East.  We were able to
get back into our house at 10AM Monday.  Another fire broke out just North
of us again this afternoon.  It was only 300 yards from our house.  Again we
had to evacuate at 4PM this afternoon.  We were just allowed back in an hour
ago.  The all volunteer fire departments were able to contain it before any
structural damage occurred.  The volunteers are pretty much running on
empty.  They are tired, and sleep deprived.  They have been fighting fires
all over East Texas for 3 days.  It is hard work and we need all the help we
can get.  If you are a religious person, please pray for us.  If I don?t
answer an email right away, there is a good chance I have been evacuated
again.  If I had known about the fires ahead of time, I would have postponed
the group buy.  But, as you know hindsight is always 20-20.  ;-)  Having a
tree lined lot is beautiful but also dangerous.

Jerry W5JH