[TenTec] Corsair mpu replacement board - keyer speed

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair mpu replacement board - keyer speed
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 11:16:35 +0100
Folks,

The keyer speed on my replacement Corsair mpu board is directly related
to the frequency of the keyer clock oscillator on the audio processor
board, which in turn is set by the front panel Speed control. On my
Corsair, that oscillator has a Fmax/Fmin ratio of 2.58:1, so that is the
range of keyer speeds I get. The present keyer PIC firmware (V1_1) sets
that 2.58:1 range as 11wpm to 28wpm which suits my CW ability :)

I have been asked if that range could be changed. The answer is "yes",
within the constraint that the ratio max/min must be 2.58:1. For example
it could easily be changed to 15wpm/39wpm.

I'm keen not to have a proliferation of firmware versions around - Jerry
is probably even more keen! But I would be happy to change the speed
range *once* to something different if there is a consensus of what that
range should be.

I hope I've asked the question in time for Jerry to incorporate any
change into his PIC programming schedule.

Anyone who is comfortable doing their own PIC programming could
customize the speed for their personal requirements - it's just a single
byte change to the Hex object code which I'm happy to outline if there
is any interest.

73,
Steve G3TXQ