Re: [TenTec] Earth those feeders

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Earth those feeders
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 17:21:37 -0400
Yeah... no kidding.    Here in SW Mich, it is a compromise between
those two extremes .

We have layers of multiple soil types as you go down,  so there is black
top soil,  then some clay, and maybe sand, not always in that order.
You can get an 8-foot rod to go down, but it takes some serious effort.
  But you can get it in all the way - I use a four pound fence stake
pounder and a lot of elbow grease, but they go in.   It is  the clay
that holds us up.

Happy Trails.