Re: [TenTec] Fwd: OmniVI logic board work

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fwd: OmniVI logic board work
From: Glenn <wa4aos@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 14:33:44 -0400 (EDT)
Barry,

I meant to comment on the Ten Tec O6 audio you mentioned.
I too ran a remote a pre DSPaudio line to the rear panel on one of my O6.
I fed that into a combo preamp/amp I designed using a 6CW4 nuvistor as a pre
amp stage, to drive
a 6SN7/ 2A3 single ended amp stage... Ahhhhhh such sweet audio for listening to
SSB; the wider INRAD filters helped as well.
I simply turn up the front panel audio gain to re-gain DSP/ notch
functionality.
I ended up making a mini TR switch internally mounted so that default mode uses
the DSP path and once the reed relays are
energized, the audio was redirected to the rear panel. Not wanting to drill any
other hoes, so far, the switch is hanging out the rear of the O6.
I may give up one of the rear panel connectors later and install the switch in
one of the holes if the real estate permits. otherwise I might sin and pop a
hole on the back.
(It would be for a really good cause) Hi

73,
Glenn WA4AOS
DSM Labs (dot com)