Re: [TenTec] September QST Ad

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] September QST Ad
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 14:06:37 -0400
OK... quite true, but you seem to be missing the point.

Sheesh...The point is... it is an advertising photo, the purpose of
which is to show what the radio looks like.   It is not intended to be
an "anatomically correct" image of an actual station.

So to single out and criticize TT specifically for such a purported faux
pas, overlooks all the similar mistakes made by the competition.

The original post especially singled out TT for criticism because it has
a microphone attached to a rig tuned to a CW frequency and mode.

But, heck, the competition all fail to connect anything - neither a mic
nor a key -  but no one complains because all their settings do not all
jibe.

The point is, of course, that the rig in the advertising photo does not
have to be all set up for it to be a useful ad photo.  The other
companies hook nothing up, but no one complains they show a rig that
cannot work as advertised.  And so, the fact that the rig in the TT ad
is not set up to work exactly as advertised is equally irrelevant and
immaterial.  But for some reason, it has become a topic of debate.

As Paul says, they never show the radio with an antenna, either.  Are
they to be criticized because they are, apparently, going to transmit
without a load?

Happy Trails.