Re: [TenTec] Firmware download site

To: TenTec reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Firmware download site
From: art davis <n4uc@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 22:31:56 -0500
Curses, foiled again!

I am now able to download the file (v. 2.064) from the wiki site (thanks again)
and then use the update utility to load it to the radio. After loading all the
lines of code, the installer utility declares that the file was successfully
installed and the radio displays "SYSTEM LOADING" as it should. Then it asks me
about resetting filters and clearing memories. But no matter how I answer
either question it momentarily displays "SYSTEM LOADING" again and then asks
the questions again. It repeats all this cycle and never gets to the
operational mode where it displays 14.250.

I was able to install this version back when it first was released, but had the
same problem.  I remember I had to repeat several installs before it magically
worked for some reason. So far, I haven't been so lucky this time.

In comparison, both of the previous two versions (2.062 and 2.063) load
correctly with no issues.

I read a couple of posts where it was suggested that the memory battery might
be low which could affect the bootup. My snaphat memory battery reads 3.1 V
which indicates to me that it was probably replaced when the factory performed
the v. 2 upgrade.

Lastly, when I do a "verify program", the update utility indicates that the
load is correct and successfully installed.

Any ideas about why one version would install and one not?