Re: [TenTec] 311 band decoder

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 311 band decoder
From: "CSM\(r\) Gary Huber" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 21:09:43 -0500
I built a band decoder for the Model 253 tuner. The info below is at
http://tentecwiki.org/doku.php?id=253banddecoder

I recently completed a band decoding interface for the TenTec model 253
Automatic Antenna Coupler. The 253 requires a voltage of +10 to +14 VDC at 3 ma
on one of seven pins to select the preset tuning information for up to seven
memories on each of four switch positions (28 memories). Originally the voltage
and pin selection was provided by the TenTec transceiver (band information),
but the OMNI-VII does not.

I used DXLab Commander to provide BCD via the computer parallel port to the
(solder pads ABCD) UM BCD-10, the band is decoded (J1 1-9) which then pulls
down pin 2 of the selected (band) 8L01 DIP Relay, which upon contact closure
outputs +12 VDC on pin 14 of the relay to one of seven Band Select pins on the
#86027-26 to the 15 pin Molex® on the rear panel of the model 253 tuner. Pins 6
and 8 of the 8L01 DIP Relay are at +12 VDC supplied by +VR of BCD-10. The UM
BCD-10 receives +12 VDC from the OMNI-VII Power Supply.

8L01-DIP-Relay-PDF page 27 (http://www.cotorelay.com/8L.pdf)
http://www.unifiedmicro.com/decoder.html (bcd1.jpg)
http://www.dxlabsuite.com/commander/Help/index.htm

73 es DX,