Re: [TenTec] Help with Omni 6+ rx warble

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Help with Omni 6+ rx warble
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 08:28:36 +0000
I've pulled that Omni 6+ temporarily out of service, so can't check if
it's all bands - I believe so.  My first measure is to replace C31,
the trimmer cap for the 20Mhz master oscillator.  I distinctly
remember that when I aligned it recently, it was "all over the place"
and badly needing replacement.

Assuming that doesn't fix the warble (I don't expect it to but you
never know),  I will next monitor each of the local oscillators and
BFO in turn (using a general coverage receiver) while the Omni 6+ is
tuned to a carrier so the warble is easy to hear.  I will check if I
hear a simultaneous warble in any of the oscillators, and take it from
there.

Unless somebody has a better idea on troubleshooting?

73, Barry N1EU