Re: [TenTec] FS: Ten-Tec Omni VII w/ auto-tuner (588AT)

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] FS: Ten-Tec Omni VII w/ auto-tuner (588AT)
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 11:43:33 +0100
You don't need but 3 or 4 knobs to run a radio.

Sitting before the FT 5K is like sitting in the cockpit of a 747.
At the end of the day, all of those knobs do nothing for performance.
Performance depends on the design, components, and execution of the front
end of the radio (and of course the DSP behind it).  The knobs just look
impressive without adding to the receiver's ultimate ability.

Imho

73
Rick