Re: [TenTec] CENTURION CLEANING

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] CENTURION CLEANING
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 16:49:28 -0800
On 12/6/2011 3:44 PM, Richard Schmidt wrote:
>   Have been in ham radio long years and
> understand the problems accumulated dust can cause.

Yup. The major concerns are the high power components and their cooling
path. Figure out what that path is, and make sure that there's good air
flow. Do your major cleaning there.  Pay the same attention to the power
supply.  I tend to do most of my cleaning with a vacuum cleaner with a
small nozzle. As to the chips -- don't do this during the winter, when
there is a lot of static. Wait for summer.

73, Jim K9YC