Re: [TenTec] CENTURION CLEANING

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] CENTURION CLEANING
From: "Richard Schmidt" <k7nsw@ispud.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 04:03:33 -0700
Thanks for the reply Joe.  I do have a dust cover on it.  Your
observations are good.  The dust conditions you describe in your part of
Florida sound just like where I live in Idaho. My specific issue is the
cooling fan. A fan sucks air and the dust rides along with it.  I am
wondering if anyone with a Centurion has tried a simple air filtration
medium of some kind on the outside of the amplifier to clean the air
before it enters the cabinet.  That would seem to limit air flow which
is probably a very bad idea.  A dust cover is easy to put on when the
gear is not in use.  All of my stuff has dust covers.  Perhaps simply
going with the Ten-Tec design and manually cleaning the interior from
time-to-time is the best plan.