Re: [TenTec] OT: Old QSTs, CQs, etc.

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Old QSTs, CQs, etc.
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 16:07:50 -0500
I scan all my magazines into PDF format files on DVD.

I have some rather heavy duty scanners that do easily 50 pages a minute
(scanning both sides of a sheet at once).  I cut the binding off, and
run them through and it takes just a couple of minutes for each issue.

I did this as a favor to Scott at TenTec... I scammed many of the
archived manuals you find on the TT web site.   I used a different
scanner for them, my new scanner does a better job.

Perhaps some of you guys that have older magazines that want to keep
them on hand, but not in bound paper format, could coordinate with each
other and each of you could send me a couple years of past issues  to
spread the cost among you or you could bundle them all up in one big
crate and split the cost to ship them to me and I could scan them in a
big batch,  and provide a set of DVDs to everyone who pitched in, so you
could have your cake and eat it to, as it were.

Can you guys picture my wife and me sorting, and pulling staples and
paperclips out of 25 years of business records and client matter files ?
    We played old time radio shows on wireless headphones a few hours
each evening for what seemed forever, and sliced, diced, and scanned
them to disk... and then had the original paper files shredded by a
local security outfit.

So, maybe if we worked together, we could preserve them - but in a more
manageable format.

Any traction?

Sidebar -- I should ask TT if it is OK for me to distribute the batch of
manuals I copied for them on a disk for those of you who like to fix TT
gear or who collect and build TT gear, etc.   I wonder if anyone would
be interested in having the collection of manuals I scanned ?