Re: [TenTec] RX-366?

To: Rsoifer@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RX-366?
From: John Henry <jhenry@tentec.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 11:54:34 -0500
Hi Ray,

We are in the final phase of production for the RX-366. All of the boards
have been built as of yesterday. We are going through final
alignment/testing of the hardware as we speak.

Installation procedure/User Manual is basically ready.

Version 3 firmware for both the 565 and the 566 are in the final days of
beta testing. If all goes well, we will be releasing the V3 firmware to the
general public as an official release next week, and possibly taking orders
for the RX366 as well.

V3 has been in use in a variety of Orion(s), 565 with RX366s, 565s without
RX366s, 566s with RX366s, and 566s without RX366s. All of the above have
been used by some serious top level Contesters / DXers in several of the
major contests over this past few months, with exceptional results for the
beta testers. A few have stated we have raised the bar once again. Even in
their first run Orion 565s.

I am working on a "Version 2 to Version 3" addendum to the manuals (565 and
566). Version 3 brings with it a few very interesting new features, and
about 30 improvements in features and bug fixes. The new features will
definitely give the very serious DXer and Contestor some new tools to help
them work "more/better/faster/reliably/etc.".

I myself, personally, optimistically put both of them as "shippable" next
week. Just need to ensure that the sales infrastructure/web site is
ready... hi hi hi.

Can you tell? I'm very enthusiastic and anxious to get both of these
available to everyone as soon as possible.

Thanks for asking, soon,
Best Regards,
John