Re: [TenTec] noise on Orion II GROUNDING

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] noise on Orion II GROUNDING
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 02:15:19 -0500
> Had a tech at ARRL tell me once that rf grounding inside the shack was
> not always important he pointed out the use of radio and rf equipment
> from inside the space shuttle .  Kb2huk john

        I received similar advice from TT HQ.   Something like
        don't do anything without a reason... similarly, don't
        add a bunch of extra grounds without a reason.  I have
        followed that advice, and have no RF or other problems
        in the shack.   Bob, K4TAX once solved
        my only problem of that nature, by having me snug up all
        my connectors nice an tight.   Loose lips sink ships... so also
        loose connectors ...well...  er... I cannot think of a funny
        rhyme... but you get the drift.

        On the other hand... the user manual does say to ground
        all the gear ... so go figure.

Happy New Year, Y'all..      =========== K8JHR  =============

.../