Re: [TenTec] RX366

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RX366
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 14:44:13 +0000
The original subreceiver definitely has issues on 160M, even when
listening strictly with Beverages.  The cardinal symptom is "phantom"
signals, offset at multiples of 2.5Khz from the actual strong (s9+)

The 160M signal levels delivered by my 580ft Beverages (using
efficient homebrew matching xfmrs) rival the levels delivered by my tx

Barry N1EU

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 1:48 PM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP <Rick@dj0ip.de> wrote:
> If the sub receiver was always on the Beverages, then it is no wonder that
> no one complained.
> The old sub receiver did not have a problem with sensitivity or selectivity.
> It's problem was, it would overload with too much signal, especially a
> strong adjacent channel signal.
> The signal levels that a Beverage delivers is a lot lower than that of a
> normal dipole or vertical.
TenTec mailing list