Re: [TenTec] 565v3.026 ready at TenTec for download

To: Ten-TecReflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 565v3.026 ready at TenTec for download
From: Rick W <ve7tk@yahoo.ca>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 11:29:37 -0800 (PST)
Version 3.026 is the firmware for the Orion II.  I assume you mean Version
3.025 for the Orion (565).

So yes I have tried V3 for the 565.  I have the original sub-receiver.  I have
modified the logic board for Version 2 and up firmware as per the instructions
on the Ten-Tec site.  As Barry pointed out yesterday you do NOT need to do this
mod to install V3.  You will however lose the sweep if you do not do the mod.
But if you are already running V2 firmware the upgrade to V3 is easy.

Is it worth upgrading.  I say a huge YES!

73,
Rick
VE7TK

Website:  http://www.ve7tk.com

Re: [TenTec] 565v3.026 ready at TenTec for download

Re: [TenTec] 565v3.026 ready at TenTec for download
"jack" <jfriend31@comcast.net>
Thu, 2 Feb 2012 11:31:49 -0700
I wish to know if anyone has tried the V3 firmware with an Orion 565
original (no modifications to the radio at all).
jack
ak7o