Re: [TenTec] Model 318 Amplifier Key Interface

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Model 318 Amplifier Key Interface
From: Art Trampler <atrampler@att.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 21:38:04 -0600
As an aside on this, with my Titan and K3 I use a Winkeyer into the amp's TX EN
and key the K3 via the TX OUT. Life is good (but I would rather have a
566/RX366).

Art K0RO

Robb Urie <rurie@mywdo.com> wrote:

Hello,

You will not need the 318 with the TS-590 as it has sufficient delay to
prevent hot switching during CW. Now if you desire to run full break in
on the TS-590, it may cause issues. In that case, the Omni VII is the
better choice for full break in CW with the TX IN/OUT configuration.

I run my Orion and Titan amp this way (TX IN/OUT) and run my K3/Centurion
using the key in and the ptt/vox setting. I don't run full break in
on either set up so I have not had any issues with the delay being too
short. It looks like a nice interface for those who seek something such
a device.

Robb N0RU