Hi All....first and foremost I an not a novice when it comes to doing
this stuff....so here is a much more detailed version of what I see:
1. I have 8 Orions 565's....they have been in the station for 4 years
or more...they have been coupled to MicroHam Micro Keyers and
performed very well for the past few contest seasons. I am very happy
with the Orions. With that said, I looked forward to this update.
2. I performed the updates with one of my laptops that has Windows XP
sp2. I carried the laptop to each station and performed the update and
did BOTH resets to the radios.
3. I reentered all data and user settings in the Orions.
4. The First glitch I observed was almost immediately evident. When
tuning the frequency knob, the display on the computer screen jumps
and lags the frequency by 2-7 khz.
5. Also observed that the freq readout on the computer would go blank
and recover. Again on any radio I tried.
6. Observed that extraneous symbols and data streams were visible on
the Orion screen.
7. Could I have a corrupt data base on my computer that I downloaded?
It came from the website and no problems during download.
8. I have tried turning off various functions in the Orion to see if
it improves performance, no luck.
9. Is the Orion cpu so busy that it is reporting freq at a much less
10. Previous downloads have been accomplished with no problems.
11. Contest software is Win-Test and there has been no history of
problems with Orions and the software.
12. All previous versions of the software have worked flawlessly with
13. The only change I have made in my station in the past 2 days is
the install of the new version of software for the Orion.
TenTec mailing list