Re: [TenTec] Tentec Omni D no (low) power output

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Tentec Omni D no (low) power output
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 09:36:10 -0500
Scott,

Rick's going down the right road. I too suspect the PA is kaput but I've been
fooled before.

I recall I was working on a trition 4 and had very low RF output. Everything
seemed to be just fine. but nothing I could do would pop the power up to 100
watts.

Long story short.

one of the low level drivers that produce 1-2 watts had a run of coax that went
to the predriver. during assembly a screw punched into the coax and over time
worked its way into the it shorting out the cable. No drive----no output.

So, remember, nothing in, nothing out.

Since you're not drawing oddles of current, most likely the PA output
transistors have opened.

a fubar PA from a junker trition maybe a lot easier to install than fix the old
PA

just a thought

Good luck

Mike, wb8vge