[TenTec] RX366 IF output and roofing filters

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RX366 IF output and roofing filters
From: "Zivney, Terry" <00tlzivney@bsu.edu>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 16:16:55 -0500
The IF output on theRX366 subreceiver is the TMP next to roofing filter F2; it
is marked
with 15 in a circle next to the TMP connector.  On the connector board on the
back panel,
the spare RCA jack is connected to the empty TMP jack (next two others with
labled 3 and 4).

I had purchased a 500 Hz roofing filter from INRAD during their annual New
day sale - $20.12 off.  There is a little piece of paper saying that if the
filter functions in
only one direction, so if the radio doesn't work, turn the filter around.  The
RX366 board
shows terminals 3 & 4 on the roofing filters are grounded; the INRAD filters
have a
wide PC trace on the pins 3 & 4 which connect to the grounded terminals on the

I bought my TMP cable from INRAD when I ordered my roofing filter.
Terry Zivney, N4TZ
TenTec mailing list