Re: [TenTec] Best HF Travel Rig

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Best HF Travel Rig
From: geoffrey mendelson <geoffreymendelson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 16:05:13 +0200
On Feb 13, 2012, at 7:01 PM, Joe wrote:

> I travel to our farm several times a year, and while I am there, I
> cannot operate. I guess I could take one of the rigs I have here,
> but I am reluctant to leave a rig in the house because it has been
> broken into. I am just wondering if several people might like to
> suggest a good rig to take along. Small is good, but meduim size
> with an internal supply would be nice. It must be a good CW rig. Low
> priced would be good. I like Ten Tec, but any brand works.

On the other hand, you could just buy an old rig that looks like junk
and still works and be done with it. :-)

A Trinton or early Omni would do, and still produce decent results. I
would not expect to run a contest station using one, but for casual
contacts it would be fine.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM
My high blood pressure medicine reduces my midichlorian count. :-(