Re: [TenTec] Best HF Travel Rig

To: Bwana Bob <wb2vuf@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Best HF Travel Rig
From: Chad Lovelace <kj4vyi@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 22:55:30 -0600
Bob

The 40 "imop" is the cats meow ( and the only one I have ) right now there
seems to be too much of the wispr talk on 30 and it seems that it's really the
only thing I see people talking about -- also a band I cannot use at the time
-- I'm only a tec I do plan on buying the 20 and 80 versions and put them in
the same type of case
For he tuner I use an original NorCal blt in a different case than the pc clad
case and the NorCal dublet for a antenna It's all small and easy to carry it
took me some time to track down the ribbon wire to make the antenna but if you
search good ole eBay you can come across it !!

I still wish I would have not sold my scout but things got a little tight
around here but was able to make due and horse traded a few other things I
wasn't using and got the ft-847

I had fun building the swl 40 -- it was a second hand unit that wasn't built
all the way and it works great --

Good luck and hope to see you on the bands

Chad
KJ4VYI