Re: [TenTec] extra whining

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] extra whining
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 09:25:41 -0800
> Real Elmers are EVERYWHERE !!!

Yep. I'm a member of a club that is FULL of Elmers, and of hams who will
go out of their way to help other hams with antennas, computers, rigs,
contesting, DXing, and learning new operating modes.

I joined this club (the Northern California Contest Club) as soon as I
moved from Chicago to Santa Cruz, CA six years ago, and a week or two
later, put out a request on the club email reflector asking for help
putting up some antennas. At the scheduled time two days later, I had
three guys standing on my front lawn to help, and each of them had
driven more than an hour to get there.  I've since held a dozen more
such antenna parties, and been the helper for several dozen more.

I do my best to be an Elmer to hams outside my immediate area as well.
My website has more than a dozen tutorials on a half dozen different ham
related topics, including some that are the result of years of original
research.

73, Jim K9YC