[TenTec] OT: Scopes

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] OT: Scopes
From: "Hulett, Russell" <rhulett1@consolidated.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 14:14:16 -0500 (EST)
I've avoided owning a scope, but the recent discussion about troubleshooting
low power from an Omni D has me rethinking.  Most of the gear I own now old,
have managed to diagnose problems without owning a scope.  In one case, the
problem with an old hollow-state receiver was found by poking around with a
wooden dowel to expose a poor solder joint.  My main concern is spending more
money on a scope than my shack is worth, or alternately spending more time
fixing a used scope than is warranted.

Would be curious about thoghts from others who repair their own gear about what
minimum-required scope would be.