My 2005 vintage Orion I is just back from the good folk at Ten Tec where
the deteriorated display was replaced and the software updated to V3.025.
When I bought the radio, I got the matching speaker and installed an INRAD
600Hz filter in place of the TT 1000Hz filter.
I have been inactive for a few years and would appreciate some counsel from the
group. I'm CW 90% of the time, mostly QRP.
1. Suggested settings. Years ago there was a list of settings to optimize the
Orion I for CW operation. I'd be grateful for such a list applicable to the
2. Is there a way to make one of the CW memories suitable for calling
CQ during a contest so:
CQ TEST DE K3HX
Pause and repeat until a paddle swipe stops the message.
3. Advice in using the SAF function.
4. Advice in using the radio in a diversity reception mode.
5. What is the "fixed CW vs FSK" issue?
Tim Colbert K3HX
53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
The Stunning Results of Her Wrinkle Trick Has Botox Doctors Worried
TenTec mailing list