Re: [TenTec] Orion - Ver. 3.30 / RF GAIN

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion - Ver. 3.30 / RF GAIN
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 03:57:35 -0500
ER... um...  I think you miss the point on this one...  I believe the
objection applies to my Omni VII as well :  the AF Gain and RF Gain
controls SHARE A SINGLE KNOB.   I press the knob and it becomes the AF
Gain - press again and it becomes the RF Gain - toggling back and forth.
   On the Orion II it looks like you gotta press RF Gain switch to get
one of the knobs to become the RF Gain knob.   Maybe the the Multi
Knob... not sure, don't own one, but I will be using one tomorrow in
the CQ WW 160 contest...  and I am thinking the multi knob becomes the
RF Gain knob, among other things.   But there are not separate knobs for
each adjustment.

The BETTER PLAN would be to have a knob for each function !!!   Having
to select a knob and then use it is inconvenient.   Better to have two
knobs - one for each, right next to each other, so you could work them
against each other without thinking.  It would add one knob to the face
plate - well worth it.   I would give up
the RIT/XIT knob as its own function, and agree to have another knob
toggle in and out of RIT/XIT mode...  just to have separate AF and RF
Gain knobs.

That is on MY wish list.

I hope I understand the original post and your take on it... but I think
this is what he means.