Re: [TenTec] Eagle

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 23:58:04 +0100
John, I don't think there is a way to know what filters are inside the rig
without opening it.
You said you got a 6kc filter wrapped in plastic; well if it is really 6kc,
it's the AM filter, not a CW filter.

You only have to remove 4 screws to take the cover off.
It is VERY simple to do, but when you remove the top, do it slowly and lay
it directly beside the radio.
The speaker is bolted to the top, and is connected to the radio with 2 wires
and a plug.  You should remove the plug by pulling on the plug, not on the
wires.  Don't worry, you cannot blug it back in the wrong way, and even if
you did, it wouldn't matter.

73
Rick, DJ0IP