[TenTec] some Confusion--Argosy Alignment

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] some Confusion--Argosy Alignment
From: scottsheppard@videotron.ca
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 12:35:12 -0500
Hi John

Are you able to monitor your own audio in a separate rx? Thats the only way I
was ever able to know for myself...tx into a dummy load at 30-40 watts and
monitor with another rig with headphones...thats how I found the bias issue...

The string is not hard to redo at all...I have a ten-tec restring kit if you
need it but to be honest any kite string and elastic style cord will do just
fine. i even used dental floss once!

Once you get it the way you like, it helps to keep the radio tuned to the lower
part of the band when not in use as it relieves the tension on the elastic band
and saves wear...the hardest job in all of this is just removing all those
knobs!

scott va3ied