Re: [TenTec] TEN TEC FS - PROBLEMS SHIPPING OVERSEAS

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TEN TEC FS - PROBLEMS SHIPPING OVERSEAS
From: geoffrey mendelson <geoffreymendelson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 08:56:34 +0200
On Mar 6, 2012, at 8:27 AM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:

> But here is a TIP:
> - Place a copy of the customs declaration and bill of sale on the
> OUTSIDE
> of the box.
> - Don't cheat.  State values correctly.  Customs now days use google
> check values.

Chinese eBay vendors do the opposite, they mark things as gift or toy,
and list very low prices. They get away with it because the postal
inspectors are already overloaded and figure there is not a lot of
fooling them anyway.

The vendors themselves don't care, they don't have to pay an customs
duty or fines (you do) and if a package disappears they don't care,
you've already payed to replace it. PayPal makes them replace or
refund anything lost, so if they lose 5% of their packages, they just
charge you 5% more.

On the other hand they have lots of each item, and they are not
irreplaceable.

It's important to remember that about PayPal, the burden of the
package arriving intact with the contents as described is upon the
seller, not the buyer. If a package does not arrive, gets trapped in
customs, damaged along the way, etc, the buyer has 45 days to request
a refund and PayPal usually pays the refund (from the seller's) money
without question.

Which is why, as a buyer, I like PayPal.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM
My high blood pressure medicine reduces my midichlorian count. :-(