Re: [TenTec] Corsair II RF Gain

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II RF Gain
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 14:28:49 -0400
Golly... now I am rather new at this, but I thought it varies depending
on band conditions, and possibly other considerations inside the rig, in
that it could
vary from frequency to frequency.   I suppose there is some point where it
cuts out all together, but I have never felt it was the same place on
the dial for every band or for all frequencies.

Are you looking for a calibration point?  or something like that.  Are
you looking for an electrical point where turning the RFGain down
further cuts out ALL signal, noise, and EVERYTHING?   Are looking for an
absolute threshold?

I do a little different from Gary, although the same procedure overall.
  I turn AF gain to 50-60, and then back RF-Gain all the way down until
two things happen, namely where the signal and noise both seem to fade
or cut out, and also when the S-meter turns from dropping to rising.

If you need a manual, I think I have it, or it may be on the TT web
page, but it sounds like you are looking for something that may not show
up in the schematics or the usual user guide.

Sorry if I am off base or helping in the wrong direction.