Re: [TenTec] Orion I main and RX366 subreceiver differences

To: "'tentec@contesting.com'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion I main and RX366 subreceiver differences
From: "Zivney, Terry" <00tlzivney@bsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 13:55:12 -0400
Unfortunately, Barry, the lightning problems I had earlier in the weekend
caused me to forget to restart the recorder!

But, the 'sizzling" sounds sounded to my ear just like the 'crackling' sounds
you and others noted in some of the V2 firmware in 2007.
In the V3 firmware, it was not noticeable on the other  bands, nor in the ARRL
SSB contest a few weeks back - it just  seemed bad Sunday afternoon, here on
15m on the main receiver.

Terry N4TZ