Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec mics

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten-Tec mics
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 20:57:27 -0400
I am confident you are both correct.

It is not that electret condenser microphones have become unobtanium,
per se;  but the particular OEM product TenTec previously sold was
discontinued by its OEM manufacturer, and considering TenTec rigs are,
by default, set for the typical dynamic microphone cartridge, it makes
sense TT has not, and may not, actively seek a replacement product based
on an electret condenser capsule.   I would bet this item has a low
priority compared to other products, updates, etc., and (personally) I
would concur in that decision.

Just My take.