Re: [TenTec] Using Aux power and "spare" functions on Argosy 525

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Using Aux power and "spare" functions on Argosy 525
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 17:01:47 +0200
MISTAKE:

I'm sorry Steve, I can't tell my left from my right anymore.
Good thing my old drill sergeant wasn't watching!

Here is the corrected text:

If you are looking at the Control Board (80781) as shown on page "39-525" of
the manual, and position it such that you are looking at it with the fuse in
the middle at the bottom, you will see C6 immediately to the left of the
bottom of the fuse and I think L1 is immediately to the  >>> LEFT <<<  of
the top of the fuse.  It is a bit blurry in the scanned copy of the manual.

What you can also do is simply measure from the top of the fust to the
positive terminal of C6.
In the picture you clearly see C6 with a black dot marking its minus side
(which is towards the bottom of the board in the picture).  So measure from
the top connection of C6 to the top of the fuse.  This is the same as
measuring across L1.

Hope you read this corrected version before you begin searching!

73
Rick, DJ0IP

If you are looking at the Control Board (80781) as shown on page "39-525" of
the manual, and position it such that you are looking at it with the fuse in
the middle at the bottom, you will see C6 immediately to the left of the
bottom of the fuse and I think L1 is immediately to the right of the top of
the fuse.  It is a bit blurry in the scanned copy of the manual.

What you can also do is simply measure from the top of the fust to the
positive terminal of C6.
In the picture you clearly see C6 with a black dot marking its minus side
(which is towards the bottom of the board in the picture).  So measure from
the top connection of C6 to the top of the fuse.  This is the same as
measuring across L1.

Gud Luk.

Rick, DJ0IP