Re: [TenTec] Argosy SSB died...what to do?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argosy SSB died...what to do?
From: Stephen Roberts <steverob@shoreham.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 15:47:08 -0400
Yep....duh...it was the mike. Never would have suspected that it had a 9V
battery in it! But then again, what do I know? ;-) The battery read 7.2V. The
mike cord was extremely brittle and needed work too so I re soldered that. I
did notice that the shield to ground was coated with kind of ancient powdery
corrosion, so I'll have to replace that some day, but WA2RKO was my first SSB
contact as a result. At least I know the radio is working well.

Steve
W1SFR

To try it out I fired up SSB on the radio and found some folks ragchewing and
waited to horn in.
On Apr 13, 2012, at 8:13 AM, Mike Bryce wrote:

> Before you pack it up, try a different mic.
>
> Maybe a bad connector/ mic will be the problem. Besides it's a simple test.
>
> Mike wb8vge
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Apr 13, 2012, at 7:24 AM, Stephen Roberts <steverob@shoreham.net> wrote:
>
>> I think I'll have to send/take it to someone as I don't have the experience
>> or the test equipment (I do have a DVM) to tackle a problem like this.
>>
>> Steve

Steve Roberts
(802) 779-7489