Re: [TenTec] OT somewhat

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT somewhat
From: Rsoifer@aol.com
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 15:40:44 -0400 (EDT)
Hi John,

You'll probably get as many answers as there are people, since a lot of
this boils down to personal preference.  Here's my take.

I'm using a US Interface Navigator, which I like a lot.  It's easy to
switch between radios and does a good job on CW too.  As for digital software,
I've tried HRD and MixW.  They both work OK, but the whole idea of a
one-size-fits-all software package turns me off.  I'd rather use  specialized
software for each mode.

My favorite digital mode is RTTY, and I keep coming back to MMTTY.  It does
a good job on FSK and it's easy to use.  I don't do much PSK, but Digipan
fills my needs there.  Then there's JT65 in its various (and constantly
changing) versions.  You'll need specialized sofware for it, which forunately
is
free (as are MMTTY and Digipan).  Just one guy's opinion.

73 Ray W2RS