[TenTec] OMNI VI+ FSK problem

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI+ FSK problem
From: John Oglesby <john91@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 16:28:16 -0400
I'm having an issue with my OMNI VI+ and wanted to ask the list for any
similar history before I started to take the rig apart.

When I use the radio in FSK mode, the PTT line seems to be putting the
radio in transmit mode - i.e. if the radio is set up for split, it
switches to VFO B. The issue is that I don't get any carrier except for
when PTT is opened I get a short carrier spike.  If I engage PTT in FSK
mode and key the CW key I get a carrier, so the radio is capable of
transmission.  The manual states that when in FSK mode either closing
the key OR engaging PTT will transmit the carrier.  Then, the Mark/Space
input controls the frequency.

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance

73