Re: [TenTec] Orion II Firmware Version V3.029--unresolved issue(s)

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II Firmware Version V3.029--unresolved issue(s)
From: Floyd Sense <floyd@k8ac.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 15:58:44 -0400
Mike - I'm curious about just what you think isn't right about the
spectrum display frequency.  I have 3.029 installed on my O2 and the
display looks just as it should - LSB signals to the left of center, USB
to the right, CW just about centered.  I guess I'm amazed that anyone
would even use the O2 spectrum display, let alone try and make any
frequency determinations from it.  While I love my O2, I must say that
the spectrum display is on the other side of dreadful.  I might glance
at it to see if there are any signals on the band at all, but even then
I wouldn't make a decision based on what I saw.  Looking at the same
apparently dead band using the IF output and an SDR-IQ usually reveals
many weak signals.  I'd like to see Tentec not spend another millisecond
on anything to do with this spectrum display implementation.  The
resolution just isn't there and the delay between hearing and seeing a
signal on the display makes it just about useless.

73, Floyd - K8AC