Re: [TenTec] Foot in my mouth...

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Foot in my mouth...
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 16:04:42 +0200
Al, last things first.
This is not my work; not at all.
The information I have came 100% from Rob Sherwood.

Several of the screen shots I am referring to will be shown in his
presentation at Dayton during Contest University.
More information and certainly with more accompanying sound bites were in
his 2011 presentation he gave at his local club in Boulder.

Our problem (well my problem, but I assume others have the same) is I have
just been focused on receiver issues and haven't been paying attention to
what's developing with the new transmitters.  It's shocking.  The prices are
going up while the quality is going down.

The logistics of sharing this information are a bit tough, because the audio
files are so huge.
The audio file accompanying the presentation is 90MB or so.

I have extracted just the transmitter section screen shots from the
presentation, but I haven't yet extracted the audio piece that goes with
them.
We need to get it into a more workable file size.
I'm not very good at audio editing.

This isn't the only presentation with good information in it.
There have been bits and pieces in a few of his previous presentations
showing other rigs.

I have all of these presentations and audio files on my web site in a
protected area.
I would like Rob's permission before I start chopping up his presentation.
For now I can only offer the huge contiguous files.

I think right now Rob is busy getting ready for Dayton.
Haven't seen him post here for a while.
Maybe he can chime in here when he returns.

Now on the power supply issue, I had the same thing.
I wanted a tiny power supply for my Argonaut 515 but was unable to find a
low-cost switching P.S. that would not interfere with the RX.
I ended up buying a small linear P.S. which is a lot heavier, of course.

73
Rick, DJ0IP