[TenTec] OT: CQ WPX Contest

To: <TenTec_Eagle@yahoogroups.com>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OT: CQ WPX Contest
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 23:46:31 +0200
I will be using the Eagle "portable" for the first time in the WPX contest
this weekend.

I have set up a temporary antenna up the mountain near our summer house and
hope that I might possibly clear the mountain towards stateside better than
I do from down here in the valley.  Hope I can work some of you guys.

I will be QRV on 40, 20, 15, & 10 with the Eagle barefoot.

(so don't turn your RF Gain too far down, boys!).

The antenna is a new design which theoretically works these 4 bands without
a matchbox.

It is a simple wire antenna with no traps, no coils, no tricks , no
gimmicks, just wire, balun and coax.

The computer says it works.

The antenna analyzer says it works.

Let's see what the Eagle thinks of it.