Re: [TenTec] F/S Triton IV 544 W/ Pwr Suppy

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] F/S Triton IV 544 W/ Pwr Suppy
From: "Mike Hyder - N4NT" <Mike_N4NT@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 19:12:23 -0400
In case you do not know, the original 262G power supply DID NOT HAVE any
over-voltage protection (also called a "crowbar" circuit. This meant that a
shorted pass transistor would feed about 25 volts into the rig, letting the
smoke out of some components. Ten-Tec used to sell what they called an OVP
protection circuit, a small circuit board with a zener and an SCR on it. The
circuit board mounted inside the rear panel of the supply and connected in
series with the +12V line output.

I have it on good authority that the VOX circuit in the 262G was not
designed to be used in an RF environment.

I love my 544/262G station! It is great.

73, Mike N4NT