Re: [TenTec] Just an observation

To: <k9yc@arrl.net>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Just an observation
From: "Jerry Haigwood" <jerry@w5jh.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 17:33:18 -0500
Jim,
    I am not doubting you are a good operator.  But, I have seen many
contesters who think they are better than the non-contest type of operator.
They start calling "cq contest" or "test de" without ever listening thereby
crowding non-contesters off the band and making a pompous donkey's butt of
themselves.  They run full power even when it is not necessary because they
want to "hold a frequency."  And, then after the contest they start in
ridiculing the non-contest operator for being a bad operator.  Do you really
think you can encourage these people to operate in a contest after you "grit
your teeth" just to work them and then come on a list like this one telling
everyone what a lid they were.  That doesn't sound like encouragement to me.
You really should be encouraging the non-contest operator to try one of the
sprints in some non-threatening way.  Then, they may find they like contests
and join your group.  But, calling a person a lid because they sent "pse
copy" before they sent their info is not going to get it done.
Jerry W5JH