Re: [TenTec] Getting on CW

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Getting on CW
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 16:05:41 -0400

On 7/1/2012 6:03 AM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:

>   - Most of the Q signals used are the same ones we use on SSB (QRZ, QTH,
> QRM, QRN, QRX, QSO etc.).  The only one you will need to learn in a hurry is
> "QRS" (send slower). hi

        Ah Ha !   Good one to learn first !

>   - As for the abbreviations, well no surprises, many are the same as we use
> for text messaging on cell phones.

        Oh... great...   I don't have a cell phone.

        I don't want my Girl Friend to call me when I
        am with my Girlfriend... and I don't want the
        wife to call me any time !

> Wish I were closer.  I would be happy to get on the air with you.

        No problem... you just gotta build a
        better antenna... eh" ?   Maybe you could
        put up something like... er... um... one
        of those Spiderbeam things...?

             ;-)