Re: [TenTec] My First Ten-Tec

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] My First Ten-Tec
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 10:54:09 +0200
Cecil,

Yours is the story of most:  "I don't know why I never considered Ten-Tec".
There can be only one answer to that:  Marketing.

Ten-Tec never got the marketing right.  NEVER.

I remember long ago when I was a late teenager, an add by some company
selling men's cologne: "Are you still smelling like World War II".   I was
using Old Spice at the time, because that's what my dad (WWII veteran) used.
I switched.  I think it was Jade East.

Ten-Tec had egg-shell colored radios long ago.
I think they should have run an ad against the dark-colored JA-boxes:  "Are
you still using radios that look like WWII?"

Having spent many nights operating a radio inside a small tent, working by
candlelight, I can assure you it is much easier to operate a light-colored
radio than a dark-colored radio.

I was very disappointed when the Orion came out in the color it is.

Look at Hilberling PT-8000: if you have about $17,000 you can get a blue
one, or a red one, or a silver one.
YES they are actually being made and they are actually shipping.  But who
can afford one?

73
Rick, DJ0IP