Re: [TenTec] My First Ten-Tec - Marketing

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] My First Ten-Tec - Marketing
From: wade staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 21:54:21 -0500
*Greetings to All,*
*                            A few months back, I ordered an Encoder for a
Yaesu FT-897d which I had traded for. What was needed was the Memory/Menu
encoder. What was sent to me for a cost of over $ 60.00 was the Main VFO
Encoder. I will not call the Dealers name but, was told that there is no
Refund or Exchange on Special Order parts. After checking my part order and
the invoice several times, I had ordered the correct part. They sent me the
wrong part. After waiting almost 90 days for the wrong part, I can still
get no satisfaction from the Dealer. Since it was just the Shaft broken,
the cure was to whittle down a small piece of cedar and make a wooden shaft
that works just fine. Am I UPSET? Yes, very upset. I am also very tired of
trying to explain the problem to whoever answers the phone that day.*
*                           Here is the other side of the story. I traded a
Laptop computer for a broken Ten-Tec ( 585 ) Paragon. I was told that it
had lots of Gremlins in it. With one call to Paul Clinton at Ten-Tec, he
advised me on how to repair the bad solder connections on the Major and
Minor Loop Boards. ( everybody here knows about that ) This placed me on
the air except for the fact that 20 meters and another band were dead on
receive and when trying to transmit on them, the power supply would trip
out. Another call to Paul and he told me that I had bad diodes on the
Bandpass Board. This time he just dropped the diodes into an envelope and
sent them to me FREE of CHARGE. My Paragon has been working for well over 2
years now. The Receive is Excellent along with Transmit. Check me out on
any Wednesday Night as Net Control for the Tennessee Phone Net at 3980 Khz.
6:30 PM Central. *
*                         Which Brand of Radio do you think that I like the
best? The one that I have a Sixty Dollar Part for which I can't use and the
Knob falls off of sometimes, or the Ten-Tec that is as Solid as a Rock,
simple to operate, outstanding receiver and transmitter and Paul is just a
phone call away IF, there is any trouble? If not for the 6/2/ and 440 bands
in the Yaesu, I would sell it tomorrow. Ten-Tec service is Legendary. If
you know your way around under the hood just a little bit, they will fix
them for you over the phone !!! I LOVE Ten-Tec. *
*                                                             73 to all de
Wade/KJ4WS*