[TenTec] Jupiter CAT question

To: tentec-list <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter CAT question
From: Martin Ewing <martin.s.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 13:40:03 -0400
Hello, all.

I'm using a Jupiter with Hamlib.org interface software, but the Jupiter
driver (which I'm maintaining) needs to know how to deal with the S-meter.
The Ten-Tec programmer's reference (v1.1) claims that "The data format is a
4 byte ascii string. The upper part of the number is the signal strength in
‘S’ units while the lower part is the fractional part of the signal in ‘S’
units. For example: if the radio returns the string ‘S0356’ the signal
strength is 3.56 ‘S’ units."

But this is not what is coming back to me (firmware v1330-538).  I get hex
digits ('0' - 'F") not just decimal.  Other CAT functions seem normal. If
someone knows the correct way to interpret the ?S results, I'd appreciate
the info.  Otherwise, I will have to do some reverse engineering.  Doable,
but a pain...

TIA & 73
Martin AA6E

--